Tuesday 13 December 2011

P.P.P.Potter.....

Much in keeping with my image of beered-up cheeky rugby school boy lad, I went to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on Friday night with Hairy Andy. After no small amount of piss taking on his part, he agreed to go and see it. (soft touch) Thankfully we weren’t the oldest people there, we may have been the oldest to go without kids but I have a high shame threshold and a child’s imagination.

I like the Harry Potter books, I enjoyed the two previous films, I don’t own any of the DVDs (the ex took them *ahem*) and I’m not proud.

But wow – what a departure from the usual Harry Potter magic! This film was awesome, very dark, very beautiful camera work, less of the kiddies Harry Potter and more for the adults. Suddenly this magical utopia turned nasty and threatening. Although film was long, the script skirted around loads of plot lines in the book to still produce a worthwhile film.

I am worried (as I’m sure the actors are) that by the next Harry Potter film they’ll all be a bit too old. By Harry Potter 5 it’ll look like the third Grease film. Oh well, they replaced Dumbledor seamlessly and I hear they can do wonders with computers these days…..

One last thing, I fancy Hermione, wrong I know, even "Brown thumbs" Andy gave me an admonishing stare, but hey you’ve got to give it to the girl (in all senses of the word).

No comments:

Post a Comment